If you are looking for a simple project that you can make with your children and with a minimum of art supplies, this video tutorial is just what you need 🙂
To make this cute little koala you need:
- A canvas, paper or any other surface you want to paint on
- Black and white acrylic paint
- Two or three other colors of your choice + brown (optional)
- A soft brush and a stiff brush (or an old toothbrush)
- Clean water and a rag or a paper towel to clean your brushes
- Glue and a glue brush. Elmer’s glue, tacky glue or mod podge will work perfectly
- Scissor (make sure to apply safety measures if you do it with children!)
- Scraps of old newspaper and a piece of packing cardboard
- A pencil
- And a couple of hours of free time 🙂
I’m excited to see your creations on social media! Post your koalas on Facebook or Instagram with #MyFunnyKoala 🙂
This project was inspired but my series My Heart Is With Australia. I made three large mixed-media koala paintings using recycled particleboard, old magazines and newspapers, and leftovers of house paints. I had so much fun working on these paintings that I decided to use this idea for a more simple parents-and-children project, so you can have fun with it too!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video tutorials!